Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can I use google desktop to search files in my home network?

I installed it when it first came out few years ago but took it out because it slowed down my computer back then. Now I have faster desktop and notebook and I sometimes have hard time remembering where I saved my file.





I didn't like the fact that google desktop was always in my memory. I wasn't comfortable letting a program see all my activities. But now I use google tool bar and google browser sync and gmail...I've assimilated...Now to be completely google headed I guess I need to install desktop search...

Can I use google desktop to search files in my home network?
you can search your network files with google desktop. We use it at work to search some 1.2M documents without any problems.





You might need to map network drives in order to get it to index your network files





hope that helps





http://www.adminspy.com
Reply:yes?? read it here


http://desktop.google.com/features.html#...


No comments:

Post a Comment