Saturday, July 10, 2010

Help with Google Earth??

Whenever I try to open Google Earth from windows explorer, it says "Google Earth will now start in OpenGL/Direct X 8 by default", and when I click "Open Google Earth", The Window closes and does nothing. Last night when I installed it, it worked perfectly though. I downloaded the free 7-day trial of Google Earth pro this morning, but now neither Pro or normal will open. Please help me!!

Help with Google Earth??
google earth is free, nothing to buy and you'll even see your own addres! Neat ha? Just open google on your bar and it'll ask you what you want. Go from there and have fun!
Reply:Don't open it with Explorer. You open it with the Icon it installed on your desktop. If you open it from Explorer, you may not be opening the correct file. DX 8 is probably older than you. Download the latest version of Direct X. I think GE prefers Open GL, but I'm not sure if you only get this with a video card. If you don't have a 3d card, you could run into trouble also. The fact that it worked last night suggests that the problem is as simple as opening the program correctly - from the desktop or the GE Menu in Start/Programs.





You don't need Pro. Just uninstall it via Add/Remove programs. if it overwrote the standard version, just reinstall that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment