Saturday, July 10, 2010

Google Adsense Policy with duplicate IP addresses.?

I live in a large college town and I'm considering making a webpage which lists events going on at the local clubs and on campus. I'm going to attempt to support the site with Google Adsense. I've read that Google monitors IP addresses that click on ads in an attempt to prevent fraud. The problem is that the university computers all use the same basic IP address. How would this work? Would Google think it was one person clicking on the ads (however many times)?





Please let me know if you've had any experiences with a similar situation.





Thanks.

Google Adsense Policy with duplicate IP addresses.?
Think about this: AOL users use the same IP address (or a range thereof) and yet publishers do not get banned for attracting AOL users. Google is more intelligent than that.





And in one of their Help pages, this issue has been addressed


No comments:

Post a Comment