Saturday, July 10, 2010

How do you make Google Earth launch Firefox instead of Internet Explorer?

When I click a link in Google Earth, I want the linked site to be displayed in Firefox. Google Earth keeps launching Internet Explorer even though Firefox is registered as my default browser.





I've found no setting in Google Earth to set the web browser it uses. Nor is Google Earth using the default web browser registered. Is there a key in the registry that I can change to tell Google Earth to use Firefox? I've tried several to no avail.

How do you make Google Earth launch Firefox instead of Internet Explorer?
It is not a problem of Google Earth, but your default browser which is IE. Set the default browser as firefox and Google Earth will open the link in the active window of Firefox.





To set this goto Tools%26gt;Options and in the General tab in Options Window select "Firefox should check to see if it is default browser when starting" in "Default Browser" Groupbox.


No comments:

Post a Comment